• 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
• 1/2 cup multigrain hot cereal (uncooked)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
• 3/4 cup plain yogurt
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1. In a bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, multigrain hot cereal, and baking powder.
2. In a second bowl, beat eggs and combine with milk, pumpkin, yogurt, vanilla extract, sugar and salt. Add wet ingredients to dry, being careful not to over mix the batter. Fold in pecans.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Bubbles will start to form in the pancakes. Cook until the edges of the pancakes start to look dry and flip the pancakes over, and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings